At Action Skips we believe in simplicity, so we have written very simple Terms Of Agreement which we hope you find not only find easy to read but very understandable.
For the purpose of these conditions
“Carrier” means Action Skips. “Customer/Producer” means the person named as such overleaf.
1. The hiring of the bin will commence on the date and time of delivery of the bin to the address stated overleaf.
The hiring charge will continue to be chargeable until the Customer/Producer has complied with all terms of hire
The carrier accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the accuracy of the information in section A overleaf.
2. The Customer/Producer must:
(a) Not light fires in the bin.
(b) Not overload the bin.
(c) Not board-up the bin.
(d) Not re-site the bin unless required to do so by a Constable of the Highway Authority.
(e) Notify the Carrier as soon as the bin is filled.
(f) Not remove or interfere with any identification mark on the bin.
(g) Immediately notify the Carrier of any accident or damage to or involving the bin.
3. Where the bin has been placed on the highway, the Customer/Producer must:
(a) Guard the bin at all times with three traffic cones placed in an oblique line (see diagram)
(b) Place light and maintain the lamps provided by the Carrier at each corner, attached to the bin, and between each cone, from half an hour after sunset to half an hour before sunrise.
(c) See the highway is left clean, tidy and free from debris.
4. The bin shall be loaded so that:
(a) The contents will not fall on the highway, at rest or in transit.
(b) Dust will not escape while loading or travelling.
(c) No inflammable, explosive, noxious, or dangerous material or anything which is or becomes a nuisance is loaded.
5. The Customer/Producer warrants to the Carrier that the information (including the information in section A) given by the Customer/Producer in this form is complete and accurate
and the Customer/Producer hereby indemnifies the Carrier against all costs, claims demands and liabilities in respect of any information which is or proves to be inaccurate and further
indemnities the Carrier against all fines, penalties and liabilities imposed on the Carrier or arising in respect of any non-compliance or contravention of any law or regulation relating to
the container together with the costs or expenses relating thereto incurred by the Carrier.
6. The Customer/Producer shall be solely responsible for and hold the Carrier fully indemnified against all claims, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, proceedings, costs and expenses which may be
brought against or incurred by the Carrier as a result of any accident involving the container (other than death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the Carrier, his employees or agents).
7. The Carrier warrants that where the bin is to be positioned on private property all such permissions as are necessary for access to the site and the depositing of the bin at that site have been obtained
and will continue at all times throughout the hiring.
8. If the skip is situated of the public highway but is likely to be a cause or contributory cause of damage or injury to any person during the hours of darkness then the Customer/Producer shall provide
adequate warning lights on the bin and the Customer/Producer shall also guarantee the safe loading of waste into the bin.
9. Missing or stolen bins will be charged at replacement cost.